Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Boo Blownitez

My wife and I have been power watching the third season of The Wire this past weekend. Last night in between episodes, I picked up pieces of the Giant game. As I have Hensley on my team, I was enjoying his performance, albeit in a losing cause for me, but good for the Giants. He’s got pretty good stuff for a rookie no one talks about.

Anyway, one of those in between moments was the bottom of the ninth. There he was on the mound, Blownitez, ready to do his thing. Sure enough, there are guys at first and second, one out and Pickled Peckler Josh Barfield at the plate.

And at this moment, I found myself rooting for Barfield and hoping that Blownitez would give up the gopher ball that would end his Giants’ career. Sure enough, he hung a slider above the belt, and Barfield blasted it to deep left center. Off the bat I thought it was out, and so did Barfield from the look on his face. It died in Linden’s glove at the edge of the warning track, and Fatmando got Blum to strike out for his first save in….can’t remember.

Anyway, I actually have reached the point with him that I am rooting against him. I’d rather see him blow a save than finish a win. That boy has got to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want to hear more about Colonel Tyree and the Nut Crunchers and his military service to our nation.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home