Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Missing Links

Yesterday was a great day, and not just because I saw the Giants win last night. It was great, really great, because I purchased a copy of Rick Reilly’s new book “Shanks for Nothing.”

This is a sequel novel to the funniest book ever written, “Missing Links.” Now I know for a fact a number of my regular readers have read and love “Missing Links” because I gave it out as an Xmas present to the Poker Boys a couple of years ago.

I first picked up a copy of Missing Links a number of years ago by chance, browsing at a bookstore in Colma. It was about golf, and it looked interesting. I couldn’t put it down. I was howling on almost every page about the group of misfits who play golf at the worst golf course in America.

Here is how much I liked the book: I ordered 10 copies of it IN HARDCOVER from Amazon and gave them out as gifts. I later bought ten more copies in paperback as gifts, and later ten more copies. I know for a fact that at least three of the recipients including the Colonel did exactly the same thing. Every person I’ve given the book to said it was the funniest book they ever read. There is a reason for that: it is.

I’d write more about this, but despite the fact that I’m at work right now, I’ve got to get back to “Shanks.” So far it’s as funny as “Links.” If you haven’t read either of them, you haven’t lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home