Monday, August 28, 2006

Poker and Baseball - Dolan, You're a Genius

I bumped into a site that is new to me that meets my criteria for linkage. Across The Seams, written by Marty Cortinas is funny, well written, has been around a while, covers the Giants, and as a bonus, he’s a poker player.

In fact, he won an entry into this summer’s World Series of Poker main event, and made it to day 3 and into the money. He has written about this on his site, and for you poker players, it is must reading.

I love his story about cashing his check for $19 grand:

Took the check to the bank to deposit it today. I just love teller chit-chat. An approximate log, as she is processing the check.

"Just get into town?"

"No, actually leaving. Just finished the World Series."

"Oh really? Did you do all right?"

(... I point to the check after long pause)

Great stuff, Marty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home