Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Fun Bunch

I always said that when I figured out how to add images to my blog, this would be the first one I would post. This was taken at the World Series of Fantasy Baseball in March in Las Vegas. Most of you know the world famous Bum on the left, our buddy Doug. That's his much, much better half on the right, Patti. And in the middle is the country's most infamous fantasy baseball nut, who is competing against Doug and his virtually all-Giant team, Meatloaf. We can confirm that it was not Meatloaf who described Doug as that nut who drafted nothing but Giants. That's right, he didn't actually say it. But we're sure he was thinking it.

I wasn't sure if the Bums of Modesto were reading the blog, but Doug confirmed that they are. Apparently Frank is a regular. Here is a snippet from his email today:

Its funny but Frank was always complaining about all the emails, but he loves the blog you write. He reads it all the time. He called me yesterday and read it to me over the phone! As he would say, "It's really well written." I agree.

Except, of course, when I make fun of them. Actually, I love the way those two crazy guys play this game, which I've said many times here. One of the things about the players in BABI is that they are really passionate about this game, though they tend to express that passion in different ways.

I can't tell you all how excited I was about today's postings, which is what spurred me onto figuring out how to add pictures to the site. Some days it's kind of a drag to write for the blog, but other days I'm just as inspired as hell. Today I just enjoyed the heck out of writing about last night's game, and when someone from the great beyond took note of it, I just thought that was the funniest thing that's happened in the course of this little adventure. I'm now 5-1/2 months into this project and we're headed for the top of the stretch. I hope it's added to the fun of this baseball season for all of you. Thanks for all the encouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home