Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Friends

I've added 4 sites and removed a couple of obsolete ones from my links on the left side of this page. You'll be happy to know that Larry Dot Net Dot Com is NOT one of the obsolete links that I have removed. Larry, I have faith.

Anyone who read the Buck Book ("The Soul of Baseball") knows Joe Posnanski. Joe Pos now has a blog, and it is killer stuff. You should all be regular readers. I've also provided a link to his Kansas City Star columns.

I actually found Joe's site by being directed to ShysterBall, written by a lawyer/baseball fan. Remember in My Cousin Vinny when Ralph Macchio's friend points to Vinny and says "I want that guy?" Well, if I ever get in real trouble, I want this guy.

Finally, there is a group site called Baseball Analysts. There is a lot of stuff there. Some of it is readable, some not readable, at least by me. Don't get me wrong - it's great stuff and great writing, but god, these guys make The Doc look like he's got a life. But I've got to link any site that has 22 entries on why Bert Blyleven should be in the Hall of Fame.

If you have time to kill, check out Posnanski's blog. Incredible. Hilarious. What I wish Sour Grapes could be. And would be, if I had professional talent. And don't forget to pick up a dozen copies of the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home