Thursday, May 18, 2006

Touchy, Touchy

Mr. Cartel is a little sensitive about my analysis of his trade. I didn't say it was a bad trade. I just said that so far, it hasn't worked out, but it probably will. And then I speculated that he might have gotten more for those guys he gave up.

He wrote (privately, but buddy, you've been outed):

Regarding the analysis of my trade with Any 9… a couple of thoughts running through my mind at the time: Howard was not hitting left-handers and his power numbers were modest… at that time; Weeks was coming off a wrist injury, and although he was structurally sound (no damaged-goods) the speculation I read was that he had developed bad habits during his rehab from that injury; Drew is definitely a stud, but he hasn’t put up any MLB numbers yet and his brother was just as touted and has become a good, not great, player. Burke is still stymied for playing time in Houston. I think that each of these players has a big up-side, and I think Ken got a great deal, but I’m playing for this year… and my judgement at that time was to go with veterans who had done it before.

I understand playing for this year. We did it last year, and look at us teams at the bottom struggling this year. And I like the idea of making a bold move with a lot of season left. This deal will probably work out. Hey, you're doing such a great job as Secretary, I hope you win (or come in second to us).

But Howard and Drew....whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home