Monday, May 02, 2005

Mother, May I

It may actually be a fade by our hitters this long weekend that kept me from wanting to write here. We’ve had some pretty ugly stat days, but the pitching has held up well (tough loss by Suppan yesterday).

George’s Cappers have really done well given that he hasn’t had any help from $50 of hitting (Bonds and Cameron). If Bonds does come back with a strong half season, the Cappers are going to be tough.

Meanwhile, there is a new leader in the clubhouse, and that clubhouse is suddenly pretty far away from ours. Hobo has 76 points, strong in every category. All this with Todd Helton and his $39 salary helping not a whit. I’m not a huge fan of the starting pitching, but this team is going to be a contender, as I’ve always said, baring major injuries.

Meanwhile, Busch Leaguers, 10th place, 41 points, with a grand total of 9 points in pitching. This is not just Gagne. Starting pitching can KILL you. The Leaguers’ starting pitching is killing them. Wolf, Perez, Harang, the bad R. Ortiz (and the good one isn’t all that good!) I don’t think Jeff can fix it. You heard it here.

I don’t actually believe what I just wrote, but I enjoyed writing it. I hope you enjoyed reading it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home