Sunday, January 02, 2011

Bet Your House (Your House, Not Mine)

I don’t bet football games, or baseball or basketball for that matter. I stink at it. The guys that make the point spreads are just too smart for me.

That said, I keep looking at that Orange Bowl line, Stanford favored over Virginia Tech by 3 and keep thinking it is a misprint. Every day I look at the line and expect to see a big change, not a half point or a point but a TD.

I have not seen Virginia Tech play, but I have seen Stanford, and I think they could give anyone – Oregon, Auburn, TCU – anyone one hell of a game. Don’t forget, they were hammering Oregon at half time, but ran out of gas against the best second half team I’ve seen in a long time. The would have crushed all of those horrible Big 10 teams yesterday.

And this guy can play. Stanford scores points against everyone because of him. The over/under is 58, and I'd say the over is a lock, except I don't know if Virginia Tech is good enough to score the other 18 points to get the total there.

I think we on the West Coast were handed a gimme. The East Coast just hasn’t been watching. If you are a bettor, give the points. I want to go on record here before game time – Stanford by 3 TDs.

Remember, I stink at this, and I don’t really follow much college football. Just one moron’s opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home