Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One Market

Listed high on the cheeseburger list is One Market, located at....why don't you just guess?

Here was the menu listing:

Hamburger & Potato Tots, sweet onions, Pt. Reyes blue cheese, cole slaw, port dijon - $14.75

I thought about asking for the burger with something other than blue cheese. Now understand - I like blue cheese. I like a good Cobb Salad as much as the next guy. And I like Pt. Reyes blue. But I was suspicious of blue cheese on a burger - I thought it would dominate the taste of everything. When the waiter came to take the order, I went ahead with the chef's cheeseburger vision and ordered it as listed on the menu.

Big mistake.

Just as I thought, all I could taste was blue cheese. I made a point of tasting the meat separately, and it was pretty good. The burger was perfectly cooked, and there was a nice bun. I can't even remember the slaw. My advice - when you go blue, plan to say P.U.

I think I would have liked it just fine with cheddar. It was perfectly cooked. Tater Tots were OK - they were bigger than Tots should be, but I think I'd rather have something else.

I asked the waiter what cuts of meat were in the hamburger grind. He replied, "choice." These guys generally don't get it. I still believe the real secret is in the meat combo in the grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home