Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Assman on Ayala

We received this observation from Howard Cooperman, M.D., aka "The Assman" regarding the Ayala for an open spot deal:

A central issue in the Ayala deal has yet to be discussed.

Namely, the use of external experts for your fantasy decisions.

Until now, I assumed I was the only one who pegged his entire pitching staff based on Mike Krukow’s (aka “The Kruk”) in game commentary. Now that Greg has admitted he uses the same source, I am forced to admit that “The Kruk” is indeed the guru of the Falkuhns’ stellar pitching performance this year.

Whenever I hear “The Kruk” say “he can really bring the gas”, I make a note of it and that pitcher ends up a Falkuhn. And when he says a pitcher is performing “as good as or better” than any other Giant pitcher, I break the bank to get that guy. I don’t even think about what the relative skills of the current Giant staff is. I trust in “The Kruk”.

What the heck, you could do worse and actually PAY for bad advice. That happens to me every year.

And the real truth is, you often gamble to get a cheap closer. It’s too bad Brower didn’t make it. If he had, there would be little to discuss regarding “The Kruk”, Ayala for a dead guy or the effect on the race.

Howard Cooperman, M.D.


And it's too bad for the Giants, who might be only 12 games under .500 instead of 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home