Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Looped

It's 1:16 PM, PDT and they've just thrown out the first pitch down the road at SBC Park. Mon frere is in attendance, but I gave up my seat to crank out 4 more returns this afternoon. The jets went by our building a few minutes ago heading for the end of the anthem. Four more returns.

Yesterday was the real opening day. Sunday didn't count, because there were no NL games. I got my first in season email from our new Secretary with the subject "Looper" and the simple message "just blew a save". Boy did he, and with style. 3 batters, 2 HR's, 3 runs no outs for the ERA of INFINITY. Great start to the season. I suspect Pedro must be wondering what he got himself into over at Shea.

I loved checking out the box scores online yesterday looking for our keepers (Tracy 3 hits, Bell 2 hit, but Mohr only 1 for 5 while CO was scoring a dozen). And as is the tradition in the waning hours before the draft, I was also looking at guys I'm really interested in. A few of them had pretty big games: Patterson, Floyd, Holliday, Matsui, Lawton, Burrell -- DAMN!. It's going to get ugly. One more tweak on those values.

Adam Dunn. Big adjustment up. What was I thinking, PECK value of 27, Inflated Value of 34? Let's kick the PECK up to 35, and the inflation up to 40, probably more. He's 25. He could easily hit 50 HR's and steal 10 bags. And his BA didn't totally suck last year at .266. There could be a serious bidding war into the 40's Friday. I hope so.

JJ Hardy started and drove in 2 runs. We've got to toss him. I can't believe someone didn't want him for a draft pick.

And who the hell is Matt Wise? I gotta check him out in BP tonight. Nice inning yesterday for the Brewskies. Maybe a buck?

Javy Vasquez? Ouch. Although his ERA is better than Looper's. My guess is single digits, maybe low single digits. I hope not. Woody Williams too. I'm tempted on a cheap Williams. Let's just call that Colorado.

Baseball is back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home