Friday, April 01, 2005

Computers and Neanderthals

I let everyone know I'm bringing a laptop. An old, virtually worthless laptop. So Mr. Champion Two Straight Years thinks I'm cheating.

Well, not exactly, but he says it would be an unfair adavantage.

Unfair? You mean, like cheating?

This game is about judgment, persistence and luck. It is not about tools. So I've got a spreadsheet that will help me follow the auction process more easily. Maybe even one, with my horrible eyesight, I can see. If my spreadsheet says I should spend $37 on Alex Cintron, I'm not going to win.

Whatever Jeff does to win year after year is ok, but bringing a spreadsheet is cheating.

Screw 'em. I'm bringing it. There is nothing wrong with it. And if they don't like it they can go to hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home