Thursday, April 21, 2005

Dodger Blues

It's a little strange to have a team whose fortunes are aligned with the Dodgers. The Dodgers are on a roll, while the Giants are headed in the opposite direction. This has been good for the Pickled Pecklers, who have 4 Dodgers in the starting lineup (when Werth gets back) plus we got a vulture win from Duaner Sanchez last night. Milton Bradley is on fire, J.D. Drew is finally starting to hit a little (2nd homer in two games yesterday) and Jason Phillips doesn't appear to suck anymore.

BTW, with Barry apparently out of the MVP race, we're going to back a longshot. You heard it here first: Milton Bradley. He could easily be this year's Adrian Beltre.

Yesterday we had two strange outings by Suppan and Lowry. Both avoided earned runs, both allowed a few too many runners and neither got a win in a low scoring game. We're still surprised by the reasonable price we paid for Lowry. He was all over the place last night, but a visit to the mound by Rags seemed to settle him down. There is a good chance we'll have this guy on our team (or he'll be on somebody's team) for 3 years at $11. A Giant at a good price? Not possible.

Moises is coming back this weekend, and not a moment too soon. The Giants still look like they were lucky to get a bunch of games against the Rockies. Did Javier Vasquez really pitch well or did the Giant lineup lay down like dogs at the critical moments? I think the answer is yes.

Thanks for the good comments on the blog. I particularly liked Greg Doyle's email, which I will publish here. The first sentence is a quote from the blog.

“The Cartel lost Eli Marrero 3-06. I wouldn’t have included Marrero here, but I never want to waste an opportunity to bring up Marrero’s great value.”

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.”

I’m “trivia”-lizing your comment. :-)

On the other hand I will always check with the TQStats trade analyzer before offering you a trade in future, and never offer a trade that offers disproportionate value of +/- 15%.

Greg Doyle

Greg, please don't limit your trade offers. I love them. It reminds me of my first apartment, which was right on the Charles River in Waltham, MA. The B&M Railroad had tracks right on the other side of the river. When a train would go by, it would just echo off the river such that you could hardly think. The first time I heard a train go by I made a decision that I would always enjoy hearing the train. And that's how I feel about Greg's trade offers. The fact that I can tease him about an offer is just icing on the cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home