Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Grand Opening

The title of this post is the title of the last episode of the 3rd season of Curb Your Enthousiasm, which ends with everyone in Larry David's new restaurant cursing at each other. With that in mind, welcome to the official opening of Sour Grapes, the home page of the Pickled Pecklers.

We have been keeping this page since the beginning of spring training, and inside you will find observations on all of you and all of your teams as well as the chronicle of our preseason strategy development for the auction. Mixed among the now irrelevant predictions for players are observations on fantasy baseball, major league baseball, and discussions of fantasy philosophies that we are trying to flesh out. Now that the season has begun, it looks like I am keeping up most of the posting. If anyone would like to post something here, email it to me and I'll be happy, within reason, to post it.

I hope to chronicle the whole season, both for the Giants and the Pecklers and for your teams as well, but not the Cardinals, Kevin. I hope you find it entertaining. Please don't take anything I write too seriously. Most of you know me well enough to know that everything I write has a little bit of tongue in the cheek.

It is a blog, using "Blogger" software, now owned by Google. It's easy as pie to create a free blog here, and maybe you'll be inspired to create one yourself. As with blogs, it is published in reverse order with archives. The most recent posting is at the top. My first post, back in early February was called "Robbed" and was written the day Robb Nen officially retired.

Enjoy it, or don't. It's free. And it's meant to be fun. Most of the time.

PEFACommish

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home