Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Willie "68 Steals and Holding" Taveras

The following was on MLB.com today:

Rockies' Taveras wants everyday role
September 23th, 2008
Thomas Harding / MLB.com

Rockies manager Clint Hurdle is deliberating whether center fielder Willy Taveras will continue at leadoff man next season. All Taveras wants is a verdict that has him playing every day, whether it's with the Rockies or another club.

Last night at the game, Willie was on the bench. Again. He came in to pinch hit in the 7th.

You guys all know where my seats are – right behind the visitor’s dugout. When he came up, I went ballistic. There weren’t many people still left at the game, and I wasn’t 15 feet behind Clint Hurdle. I got on my feet and started SCREAMING:

“I paid $35 for you in my fantasy league and you’re sitting on the bench behind NOBODIES. Hurdle, you’ve got to play this guy, it’s costing me money in my fantasy league. And Taveras, you’ve got to start hitting so you can steal me some bases.”

The people all around me in my section were laughing their asses off. Half the Rockies turned around to see the crazed guy behind them. Hurdle didn't move, but I GUARANTEE HE HEARD ME, as did Willie.

Willie proceeded to ground out to 2nd base.

I got up and screamed, “You piece of crap. Bite me!!!”

At the end of the game, Willie was the first Rockie to reach the dugout. I jumped up and yelled at him “Nice at bat, Willie.” He couldn’t resist, and looked right at me and sighed.

That made 2 of us.

I was with the Colonel, and I guarantee he’ll confirm every excruciating (for him) second of what happened.

PS - Tax Season is Still Over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home